By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
An account is a unique record for each type of asset, liability, equity, revenue and expense.
- Asset – Something that is expected to generate future benefit and is owned or controlled by the company.
- Liability – A company’s legal debts or obligations.
- Equity - An owner's rights or claims to the property (assets) of the business.
- Revenue - Fees earned from providing products or services.
- Expense - Decrease in the owner's equity resulting from an outflow of cash or other valuable assets to a person or company.
A Chart Of Accounts (COA) is comprised of individual account records.