Mobile expense management is the processes, assisted by specialized software, that an organization uses to manage the costs of its mobile communications network.
An ideal mobile expense management system provides ongoing usage and cost information on individual network users, departments, and the staff as a whole. The program can help the organization's executives anticipate trends and forecast short-term and medium-term future needs. In addition, a good mobile expense management program can:
- Operate over the air, targeting specific devices as necessary.
- Prevent billing errors by communications service providers.
- Maintain communications security among employees and for the organization as a whole.
- Minimize employee misuse or abuse of the organization's mobile system.
- Maintain control and keep track of all devices in the system.
- Disable an individual device if it falls into the wrong hands.
- Ensure timely and correct payment of all applicable taxes.
- Maintain and improve the organization's mobile usage policy as necessary to minimize cost.
Mobile expense management forms part of the larger overall program of mobile device management (MDM). As such, mobile expense management applies to conventional cell phones, smartphones, tablet PCs and similar devices.
Continue Reading About mobile expense management
'mobile expense management' is part of the:
View All Definitions