Profitability analysis is a component of enterprise resource planning (ERP) that allows administrators to forecast the profitability of a proposal or optimize the profitability of an existing project. Profitability analysis can anticipate sales and profit potential specific to aspects of the market such as customer age groups, geographic regions, or product types.
Profitability analysis can help key personnel in an enterprise to:
- Identify the most and least profitable clients.
- Identify the most and least profitable products or services.
- Discover which sources of information offer the most reliable facts.
- Optimize responses to changing customer needs.
- Evolve the product mix to maximize profits in the medium and long term.
- Isolate and remedy the causes of decreasing profit margins.
Continue Reading About profitability analysis
'profitability analysis' is part of the:
View All Definitions