This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
4. - Talent management terms: Read more in this section
Explore other sections in this guide:
A recruitment management system (RMS), also known as an e-recruitment or online recruitment system, is a multi-component software tool designed to automate and facilitate the processes involved in finding, attracting, assessing, interviewing and hiring new personnel.
E-recruitment systems are widely used in the enterprise and elsewhere, including universities and charitable organizations. Current systems are often web-based portals that are integrated with an organization’s website.
Features of recruitment management systems include:
- A user-friendly administrative interface.
- The capacity to automatically post job listings to the corporate site and to online job banks.
- Online application software that enforces input in a valid format for retrieval of relevant data.
- The ability to capture and resumes for similar data retrieval.
- Analytics software to assess and rank applicants.
- Applicant and job tracking.
- Scheduling software.
- Contract generation software.
- Integration with the organization’s human resources management (HRM) and human capital management systems.
- Report generation software.