Corporate performance management (CPM) software has come a long way from its roots in planning and budgeting applications for finance departments. CPM product offerings have evolved into full-featured platforms that can be used enterprise-wide. But there’s a lot to consider before creating or expanding a CPM strategy for your organization and buying CPM software.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
In this 20-minute podcast, Mark Smith of Ventana Research provides an overview of key technology trends in the CPM market and what they mean for current and prospective users of CPM tools. He also talks about issues that are affecting the adoption of CPM software and offers advice for organizations that are looking to start using CPM technology, including questions that you should ask vendors when evaluating CPM products.
• Learn whether CPM software is still primarily geared to finance departments, or if it now has a wider reach within organizations.
• Hear a discussion of how broadly CPM tools have been adopted and the pros and cons of using the technology.
• Find out if CPM software is still expensive and complex enough to limit its use to large companies with lots of internal IT resources.
• Get up to date on CPM technology trends and how the ongoing evolution of CPM applications can affect companies that plan to use them.
• Hear tips and advice on how to get started on evaluating, selecting and deploying CPM software.
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: Mark Smith is CEO and executive vice president of research at Ventana Research, a benchmark research and advisory services firm that focuses on performance management technologies and processes. Smith is responsible for the overall direction of Ventana as well as its global research agenda. He has more than 20 years of experience in the IT industry and worked at companies such as SAP, Oracle and IRI Software before founding Ventana. At Ventana, he has done research and consulting across a variety of industries, including banking, consumer products, food and beverage, insurance, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, and retail and consumer services.
More CPM software news and best-practices information:
Gartner Magic Quadrant shows market split between CPM ‘integrators’ and ‘innovators’
Read about how SAP poached a longtime Oracle CPM software customer
Find out why CPM software adoption is still low despite its financial planning benefits
Learn how one bank used CPM tools to conquer its budget woes
Get advice on CPM best practices from experienced users and industry analysts